Tuesday, September 19, 2006

GREAT NEWS!!

When I got home from work today I noticed my work's Employee Benefit Information Guide was in the box. This is the time we enroll for next year and we usually find out how much our medical premiums have gone up. Well, they went up a small amount. The BIG news is that my employer will be offering adoption benefits beginning in 2007! Adoption related expenses will be reimbursed up to $10,000.00, yes I said $10,000.00!! Yippee! I have been working extra hours for a prior employer to save up money. But, now it looks like I can use that money for the time I plan to take off when I get home with Baby Sloan and we won't have to eat rice and beans..LOL!
Everyday it is more clear that God has placed me on this path to Sloan. I was slightly worried about the money when I started this journey, but I've had a sense of peace that it was all going to turn out fine. I often feel like this is one of the few times I have really trusted Him and followed His path for me. I am so thankful!!

10 comments:

Joannah said...

What an amazing blessing! Wow!

C's Mom said...

Awesome news! I'm so happy for you :0)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!! I am so excited for you!!!!

wzgirl said...

TOTALLY cool, Mariah. What an incredibly generous employer you work for!! Cool.

Anonymous said...

Mariah,

That is so great! You are going to be such a fantastic Mommy and now you don't have to eat rice and beans (wink, wink)...Even better!
:)

Special K said...

Youza!! That's huge! Good for you!!

Tao's Mommy said...

Wonderful news!!! But your probably will still eat rice...if Sloan has input!! I could eat rice everyday.....my favourite!!
CONGRATS....and I bet that feels great to have one less stress off your back!!

Donna said...

That's awesome Mariah!

Anonymous said...

Mariah,
I just have to say ditto! It's so awesome to know that you know this is what God wants you to do. We were also concerned about the money but I really felt like God said He'd foot the bill. To this point, we've been given over seven thousand dollars. The amazing things is that we never asked anybody for a penny! Praise God for the wonderful ways He is providing for our daughters. Can't wait to meet you and Sloan in China. I'm sure we'll be eating lots of rice while were there. LOL!
-Amy (AWAA group 262)

Sandra said...

OMG that is awesome news Mariah! How nice to have such reassurance along the way!