Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you?


I think everyone can remember where they were on Sept 11, 2001. I remember I was starting my homecare rounds late that morning. I was still enjoying a cup of coffee when the morning news report stated a plane hit the WTC. At that moment the terrible events began to unfold. I remember going to my first patient's home, she was a native New Yorker, the Bronx to be exact. She did not want to participate in Physical Therapy that day and we just sat and watched the news and we talked. The rest of my patients were about the same, just wanting to watch the news and we all would say "I can't believe this is happening".
I can not believe it has been 5 years and I still can't believe it happened. Here are some pictures from my trip to NYC last year and our visit to the WTC site. I can't even begin to imagine what those people went through, along with those at the Pentagon and on Flt 93. I pray that we will never forget!











1 comment:

C's Mom said...

I was in the midst of a pap smear when the first plane hit. I sat with my patient and many others in the office reception area watching in shock. No one much cared about their pap on that day.