This is a very special wish from my Aunt Norma and Uncle Paul in St. Louis, MO. The asian fabric is from a dress that my Grandmother made and wore years ago. She has since passed away but I feel like this is her contribution to my quilt. She was very crafty and cool. Grandma C made many clothes, quilts, pillows...you name it. I think she would be so excited to know I am putting this quilt together. Thanks Aunt Norma for sharing this with me!
5 comments:
Mariah, What a beautiful thing for your Aunt Norma to do. The fabric and wish are both so special and pretty.
That is very beautiful - and meaningful.
What a gift, Mariah!! I love that this fabric was from your grandmothers collection. My grandmother sent me a piece that she used for a special dress for herself as well. For our quilt.
It is just so special when the family/friend pieces come rolling in, isn't it?? XO
That is beautiful...and so special!
Wow, what special fabric to include in Sloan's quilt! You are so fortunate that your Grandmother's dress was saved.
Post a Comment