Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sloan's firsts...




I am a member of a yahoo group which consists of families, like me, who have sent their dossiers off to China in the month of May-May2006DTC. It is a great group where you can post questions and support each other during the wait. We may also have the opportunity to meet when we are referred a child and travel to China. It helps you not feel so alone in the process! I am participating in a monthly cyber shower that is sponsored by this group. You are paired with another waiting family and there is a theme. I signed up for June-Fun in the Sun and I received this sweet gift from Sandy in TX.

I am also participating in the 100 Good Wishes Quilt squares swap. The quilt is a tradition in China and I will be asking family and friends to participate as well. So family and friends be on the look out for requests in the mail soon;)! I received Sloan's first good wish in the mail today! Thanks Lisa, Mark and Zoe from IN!

4 comments:

Joannah said...

I just sent off a box to my first cybershower pal today! I had so much fun shopping for them. Our theme was Red, White, and Blue.

Was that Sandy from Texas as in Waiting for Chloe Sandy? How cool is that!

I'll be getting quilt squares out later this month. I promise!!!

Mariah said...

Yes the cybershower is fun! It is Waiting for Chloe-Sandy. It took me awhile to realize it was the same person! I look forward to your quilt square, thanks so much!

Lisa and Tate said...

I would love to send a square and wish... email me with your address and I will pop one in the mail...

Lisa
email address link is on my blog...

Anonymous said...

Hello Mariah,
Is this something like a friendship quilt? I really enjoy your blog & keeping up with what's going on.
Michele & family enjoyed the visit with your Mom & Dad. They thought it might have been nerve racking for Sadie thou.
Love you,
Aunt Norma