Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Weekend getaway..

I spent this past weekend at Edisto Island in South Carolina for a little R & R with my good friend and frequent travel buddy Shari. We stayed in a friend of a friend's beach house on the coast. The weather was beautiful, most of the time. We caught up on some chick flicks. I read a book Meeting Sophie about a single gal adopting from China and we ate alot of seafood.
This is where we stayed and we also rented bikes to ride around the island.
That's Shari in front of Bell Buoy Seafood where we bought shrimp for our lowcountry boil. Looks a little shabby but the shrimp was good and fresh. The island is not at all commercialized. There are only a few restaurants and a Piggly Wiggly grocery store.

This is our house, beachside.

The beautiful sunrise of the South Carolina coast. Great with a cup of coffee!

6 comments:

Special K said...

What a great trip! I could really use something like this right about now. Lucky girl!

Joannah said...

That looks like a perfect weekend get-away! Good for you. Tell me about that book. Who is the author?

C's Mom said...

That's my kind of R&R! It looks so serene and soothing.

wzgirl said...

What a beautiful getaway. Lucky duck! I love the quaint little town with the Piggly Wiggly market. Cool.

Anonymous said...

Mariah,

Oh, it looks so beautiful there. I miss the South so much. I hope you and your friend had an awesome time!

Lisa and Tate said...

How fun!!! Just hang out and enjoying a great friend, biking and eating seafood!!! This is my kind of vacation!!!

Lisa