Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 2 in China....

We slept pretty good last night, thankfully! It did require that I pull out the earplugs because someone snores really loud! We had a great day of touring..Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Chinese lunch, Pearl Market, Summer Palace, Silk Factory and Chinese dinner. I never thought I would be craving a McDonalds hamburger but I am looking forward to that! Our hotel is directly across from Starbucks and Haggen-daz ice cream shop.
I did get to see the famous chinese split pants in person today. Google it if you've never seen any...interesting.
Our travel group is great and we are having a good time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi M. I am so excited to get to travel along with you and Dad. Have a wonderful day. can't wait to hear whats happening and see new pics.

angela s said...

that last comment was from me (angela) you know these electronics bewilder me!!

Diane Lee said...

Have a great time and enjoy. Can't wait to see all your pictures. Love ya. Diane

Christine Pommerenk said...

SO happy for you!!!! All your pictures are beautiful!!! Can't wait to read more about your trip. Miss you!

Gene said...

great reading your China visit. Glad I am not alone that craves for McD or BK when abroad..haha.

Anonymous said...

M! so glad you've made it and are enjoying the sights! take a TON of pics!!!!
all is well at your homestead...
thanks for keeping us updated!
xo
shari