Monday, November 22, 2010

I have Sloan!!

Today was a great day! We took a flight to Nanchang at 7:40am from Beijing. We arrived at our hotel and in 2 minutes I had Sloan in my arms! I knew it was her right away. It was the most surreal feeling to have her in my arms. She cried just a little bit but has not had a big breakdown yet. Almost had a smile but not a full one yet. She is making good eye contact with me and loves to be in the Ergo carrier. She is just beautiful..I still can't post a picture, sorry but I will keep trying. She ate really well with both bottles and congee with bananas. Grandpa has been alot of help but I think we wore him out, It is 7:30 here and I just put Sloan in the crib and Grandpa hit the bed at the same time but was asleep before Sloan. I am exhausted too!

16 comments:

angela s said...

hi. we are all at work and missing you, we know you are missing us. we all just read your latest post and are SO EXCITED!! you need to work on that picture problem. not that you might me busy!!! we are all thinking about you. hope all continues to go well. angela

Joannah said...

Yea! So happy for you both!!!

Suzanne said...

Our gotcha day anniversary is today, that means we have the same gotcha day! How cool is that?

julie said...

YEAH!!!! Oh, I can't wait to hear/see pictures of you and your new beautiful daughter. Oh, Mariii--I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Special K said...

So very exciting!!! Glad this day has finally arrived for you. Can't wait to see her pics.

Courtney said...

Can't believe you have her. The wait is over! She will be giving you huge smiles before you know it. Enjoy your time over there! We are still praying for you and Sloan.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Very happy for you!

Michele Johnson

Diane Lee said...

My heart is over joyed. You have such a blessing in Sloan and she in you. Enjoy this time getting to know each other. Get thos pix up. Diane

Jill said...

What a blessing!!!!!!God is soo Good

Gene said...

Awesome! enjoy the rest of the trip and wish you, Sloan, and your dad a safe flight home..:-)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! So excited for you M! Enjoy these amazing memory-making moments! Much love, aunt shari

Lisa and Tate said...

Congrats! So excited for you and Sloan.

Jennifer Crabtree said...

Tallulah and I are so happy for you and we can't wait to meet Sloan! We love you! Jenn and Tallulah!

Hanne said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Sloan. I´m looking forward to seeing some pictures...

Hanne from Denmark

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I am so glad you finally have her & she is bonding.
praying for you, kathy

Donna said...

Congratulations!!!! So happy for you.